IIA Diploma - accelerated route
You may be eligible for the accelerated route if you hold a postgraduate qualification - in any subject - and you have been working in internal audit for the last three years.
This route could allow you to achieve the IIA Diploma in just 6 months. You will take just one exam, based on a case study, and submit your Professional Experience Journal.
What does it involve?
Assessment is made in two main ways:
- knowledge and understanding of the IIA Diploma syllabus is assessed through a single formal exam (P7 Internal Audit Practice Case Study)
- professional competence is assessed through evidence recorded in the professional experience journal
The aims of the case study exam are to assess your:
- knowledge and understanding of the theoretical models underpinning internal audit practice in the UK and Ireland as represented by the IIA Diploma in Internal Audit Practice syllabus
- ability to apply their understanding to simulated scenarios that mimic the context in which internal audit is practised in the UK and Ireland
- ability to analyse information provided, develop and express proposals and communicate effectively in writing
You will be expected to relate your knowledge and understanding to a contextualised case study and related questions, and to illustrate their answers with suitable examples. It will be necessary to:
- define key terms and models and apply them correctly
- critically analyse a range of information
- make comparisons and draw relevant conclusions
- produce evaluative judgements
- generate appropriate recommendations
We offer a programme of workshops specifically for students on the IIA Diploma -accelerated route. These are designed to help you with the case study and completing Professional Experience Journal (PEJ).
Are you a Chartered Accountant?
If you hold a postgraduate qualification in accountancy you will probably be eligible for further exemptions when you go on to study the IIA Advanced Diploma. You could complete that qualification in just two exams, and it will earn you the status of Chartered Internal Auditor.
We have launched a fast-track route to Chartered Internal Auditor status which includes both the IIA Diploma accelerated route AND the two modules you need to complete of the IIA Advanced Diploma, to achieve CMIIA status.
CIPFA member? Read more about your route to CMIIA status
Register for the IIA Diploma - accelerated route
To study our qualifications, you need to be an IIA member.
New to the IIA? Join as a student member
Existing IIA member? Register for the IIA Diploma
To check if you are eligible or to find out more, please call us on 020 7498 0101 or email email@example.com