CIA Challenge Exam: How to apply
Step 1: Join us as an affiliate member
You must first join us an affiliate member in order to take the CIA Challenge Exam in the UK or Ireland.
Join today as an affiliate member
Step 2: Apply for the CIA Challenge Exam (with IIA Global)
Those looking to do the CIA Challenge Exam must also register with IIA Global.
Register for the CIA Challenge Exam
You can apply for the CIA Challenge Exam via the CCMS system:
- Create a profile or log in to the Certification Candidate Management System (CCMS).
- Select “Apply for Certified Internal Auditor.”
- Select “Accounting body challenge exam.”
- After the payment screen, you must upload a letter of good standing from your qualified accounting body and a government-issued ID. You must also complete a electronic character reference. Once approved onto the programme, you may register and schedule your examination.
- To register and schedule your exam, select “Manage my program > CIA > Register.”
Step 3: Book your exam
- Once approved onto the programme, access your CCMS account and select “Manage My Program” to book your exam with PearsonVUE.
- Upon completing the registration process, select “Access PearsonVUE” from the main menu bar and follow the onscreen instructions for scheduling your appointment.
- Schedule your examination for the month of November 2021 or January 2022. You will have the option to take your exam via online testing or at a testing centre. To find the nearest testing centre, visit the Pearson VUE page and select “Find a test center.”
Step 4: Book a CIA Challenge Exam masterclass
The best way to pass the exam is to attend one of our CIA Challenge Exam masterclasses. Presented online and available to delegates across the world, our masterclasses are designed to supplement your learning by ensuring you master the key topics, provide guidance on exam technique, apply knowledge to real life cases, and work through practice questions.
Book a masterclass