IIA Award in interpersonal skills for audit and assurance
Effective interpersonal skills are essential for those who work in internal audit or compliance. The roles involve communicating with others, using the powers of persuasion to influence them, or being assertive as necessary to make a point. This award will help you identify your areas of strength and those where you wish to make improvements.
Who should attend?
This course is open to all.
What will I learn?
Upon completion you will be able to:
- understand the importance of interpersonal skills in developing and sustaining effective business relationships
- implement the principles for effective communication, including non-verbal communication
- apply effective questioning strategies for dealing with challenging situations
- develop and apply influencing and negotiation skills to achieve positive outcomes
- develop and deliver powerful presentations.
- communication purposes, media, styles, results and process
- how different people think
- ability to listen.
- effective and ineffective business relationships
- expectations of those who receive the service.
Meeting and interviewing skills
- interview and meeting types
- interview structure
- question types
- common problems when meeting or interviewing clients
- effective questioning strategies for dealing with challenging situations
- golden rules of effective meetings and interviews.
- structure of negotiations
- preparing for negotiations
- win-win and other outcomes
- developing the win-win approach to negotiations
- golden rules of effective negotiation.
- preparing for oral presentations
- making a presentation and handling questions
- developing your presentation skills
- golden rules of effective presentations.
There will be some pre-course preparation for this module which you will be advised on upon confirmation of your booking.
CPE competency areas covered
- Leadership and communication
14 CPE points