27 March | Dublin
This is an Aspire community event. Aspire is a community of the Chartered IIA that supports young internal audit professionals who want to get a head-start in their careers. This next Aspire event explores the agile working approaches available to Internal Audit teams.
Internal audit teams are continually challenged to provide more value to stakeholders while enhancing organisational influence and impact. Stakeholders are demanding more insightful and efficient assurance, delivered promptly and at the right time to add the best value to executive and non-executive management.
While specific challenges vary across industries and organizations, most often it is understood that internal auditors need to:
- Respond rapidly to changing priorities and emerging issues
- Deliver deeper insights into strategic business issues and risks
- Become forward-looking in anticipating risks
- Move to more risk prioritised audit planning and fieldwork
- Eliminate waste from the audit process
- Deliver impactful, relevant, timely, readable, and visual reports
- Access the applicable skillsets for the project at hand and develop great careers.
Current efforts to address these challenges are not working - or not working quickly enough.
By aligning mindset and process, Agile Internal Audit frameworks direct time and effort toward the issues, challenges, and risks that most affect an organisation’s ability to implement strategy and achieve goals. At the same time, these frameworks aim to conduct routine assurance activities without unnecessary resources, effort, or reports.
Successful adoption of an Agile Internal Audit methodology depends on mutually understood goals, empowerment of people and teams and transparency about the work. This is not, as some mistakenly believe, about cost cutting.
What will I learn?
- Key issues and challenges facing Internal Audit teams
- How other Internal Audit teams are implementing and managing the Agile Internal Audit.
Why should you attend?
- Keep up with your IIA colleagues
- Learn about ‘Agile in Audit’
- Learn about the benefits of embracing ‘Agile’ and how it can be applied.
CPE competency areas covered
- Improvement and innovation
- Internal audit delivery
- Internal audit management.
2 CPE points
- Steve Sanders, Head of Audit, Bank of Ireland
- Eleanor Taylor, Internal Audit, Nationwide
This event has been organised by our IIA Ireland regional volunteer team.