25 June | Birmingham
Have you thought about how your career in internal audit helps an organisation achieve its objective? Develop your knowledge on a range of topics including risk management and soft skills to gain a wider picture of how your work can impact the business as a whole.
This is an Aspire community event. Aspire is a community of the Chartered IIA that supports young internal audit professionals who want to get a head-start in their careers.
What will I learn?
- Increased awareness of soft skills, risk management and technical knowledge that is relevant for internal auditors
- An opportunity to network with your peers who are new to their career in internal audit
- A chance to take part in a panel session to discuss the value of internal audit.
- Faye Lloyd, Head of Internal Audit, University of Cardiff
- Phil Tompkins, Director of Risk and Internal Audit
- Mark Koernich, Risk Manager, Capita
- Kathy Newman, Audit Director, Nationwide
Liz Sandwith, IIA Chief Professional Practice Advisor.
CPE core competencies
- Governance, risk and control
- Internal audit delivery
- Improvement and innovation.
5 CPE points
|08.45 - 09.15
||Registration & coffee
|09.15 - 09.30
||Welcome & introduction
|9.30 - 10.30
||The skills of an internal auditor
Faye Lloyd, head of internal audit, University of Cardiff
|10.30 - 10.45
|10.45 - 11.45
||Heroes and Villains – What do good and bad audits look like?
Phil Tompkins, director of risk and internal audit
||Risk – assessment, appetite and assurance
Mark Koernich, risk manager, Capita
|12.45 - 1.30
||Networking and lunch
|1.30 - 2.30
||Keeping Internal Audit relevant in a changing environment
|2.30 - 3.30
||Innovation in Internal Audit
Kathy Newman, audit director, Nationwide
|3.30 - 3.45
|3.45 - 4.30
||Panel Discussion: What’s the point of Internal Audit?
This event has been organised by the IIA Midlands regional group.