Building in quality into internal audit serves two main purposes. First, it means internal audit is delivering a reliable and focused service for the organisation. Second, being regarded as delivering a quality service improves internal audit’s standing in the organisation. The course explores what quality means for internal audit, and how an internal audit function might embed quality in its systems and processes.
Please note, this online course is only open to UK residents and UK VAT of 20% will be charged.
Who should do the course?
- Internal auditors who want to understand what quality is in relation to internal audit.
- Senior internal auditors responsible for internal audit processes and activities.
What will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- describe the criteria for internal audit effectiveness;
- suggest ways to embed quality into your function’s systems and processes, particularly at engagement level;
- categorise your function’s stakeholders, and analyse their needs; and
- suggest quality metrics for an internal audit function using the balanced scorecard framework.
What will I do?
The course comprises two topics and quizzes. You will be recorded as having completed the course when you have worked through the topics and reached a minimum grade of 80% on each quiz. You can do the quizzes as many times as you like. You can download a course summary when you have successfully completed the course. We will then email you a certificate of completion, which details the CPE points.
You have three months to complete the course; however it shouldn’t take you more than one and a half hours to do.
The course is wholly online so you will need to have access to an internet-enabled device. You will also need to enable pop-ups on your browser to view the two topics.
CPE competency areas covered
- Internal audit delivery
- Technical expertise (IPPF)
2 CPE points