Join Us - Fair Collection Notice
We only use personal information if we have a proper reason to do so and this includes if we share information outside of IIA.
How do we collect information from you?
- complete an application form
- speak to us on the telephone or in person
- provide information via email or post
- make a payment
- use our website, including the members’ area
- complete a survey where you are willing to provide your identity if asked.
What type of information is collected from you?
- email address
- telephone number
- date of birth
- previous qualifications
- credit/debit card information; including bank details for Direct Debit payers
- supporting evidence
- IP address
- information regarding the web pages of the IIA website you have accessed and when.
How is your information used?
We use your information to:
- process an application or renewal that you have made for IIA membership
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- notify you of changes to our services
- communicate with you about the administration of your membership, including provision of a regular newsletter
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you, which may include information about new products, services, events, and activities
- handle an enquiry or complaint you have made
- share with other committee members if you act as a volunteer.
What is the lawful basis for processing my information?
Name, contact information, DOB, gender, qualifications and card/bank details
Process your membership subscription, including administration, benefits, and information related to your membership
To send you information about offers unrelated to your membership
Contact information, supporting evidence
Name and email address
Send to IIA Global to generate password access to the global website
- Where the lawful basis for processing your information is stated as 'consent' above you have the opportunity to withdraw your consent at any time. Where you withdraw consent we may not be able to provide the related facility or service.
How long is your information kept?
We review how long we keep personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We hold your personal information on our systems for only as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract or agreement you hold with us.
Subject to the above we will hold your personal information on our systems for the current and subsequent two admission cycles. Following the 2nd admission cycle if we have not heard from you a skeleton record of your name and membership record will be retained but your contact details will be deleted.
If you enrol on a programme of study, your application information will become part of your student records, which will be held for the duration of your study. A permanent record of your qualification and individual exam passes will be retained indefinitely.
Any questions regarding this Information Notice and our data protection practices should be sent by email to the Data Protection Officer, Amanda Winham, at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +44 (0)20 7498 0101.
If you have a complaint about our information practices and the way we have collected, used, retained or disposed of your information please contact email@example.com or telephone +44 (0)20 7498 0101.
Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office direct, to make a complaint or report a concern by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113 (in the UK), or contacting them at
Information Commissioner's Office