News and information for members who are currently studying.
CIA exams going online!
IIA Global are implementing online CIA exams in partnership with OnVue, PearsonVue’s online proctoring service.
As part of this change, they have a dedicated page dealing with the online exams, including an extensive FAQ section.
You can book your online exam via the CCMS.
Watch this short video if you are interested in sitting your exam, but want to learn more about online proctoring.
All exams must be booked via the CCMS.
Pearson Vue reported that some of their centres are open for taking exams. At this point it isn’t clear which centres are open so please log on to your Pearson VUE account and search for a centre near you.
Please see the Pearson Vue website for more information.
In the meantime, you can also sit your CIA exam online via proctoring. More information is available on the IIA Global website.
All CIA Masterclasses will be delivered online and students can book via our website.
But the online delivery is so much more than just an online presentation!
- Instead of two full days of face-to-face delivery, our online workshops are spread over three or four days with ample breaks to minimize your screen time and allow you to fit all your other priorities easily around the workshop sessions.
- Content for the different sessions are clearly signposted so you will always know what the session is about before you log on.
- We included additional practice questions to help you digest the content – either in groups or on your own.
- All the sessions are recorded and will be available via your Masterclass site. You will not lose access to the Masterclass site, and you can return to any of the sessions and re-watch them as you revise for the exams.
- You will be able to download all the slides for the different sessions before the sessions start, allowing you to plan and prepare.
In addition, you will still have access to the usual Masterclass content, including summaries, additional notes and Mindmaps. We are also adding more collaborative features to better integrate the synchronous and asynchronous elements, including Wikis and discussion forums.
We believe that the online workshop should never be inferior to a face to face workshop, and instead of merely trying to replicate a classroom environment, should play to the strengths of online delivery and reflect best practice and current trends in online learning. What we are doing should not just see us through the COVID19 pandemic, but lay the foundation for a new breed of online Masterclasses for years to come.
Click here for more information about our CIA masterclasses.
Reflecting our ambition to equip you with the best possible online solution to not only see us through COVID19 but implement real and lasting improvement, we have also started working on a solution to improve our delivery of IIA Certificate workshops to our apprentices in order to meet your specific needs and requirements as you work towards your Level 4 qualification. We will contact our apprentices via your tuition providers.
Rebooking your exam
You can rebook your exam via the CCMS without incurring a cost. If the system does require you to make a payment, please do not pay and log an incident on the CCMS system.
You can request free extensions for the 3 year qualification window or the 180 day exam window via CCMS. Simply raise an incident and request the extension clearly indicating COVID19 as the reason for the extension request.
CIA learning materials extensions
All CIA students with access to the CIA Learning System platform expiring between March – May 2020 have received an automatic extension until 30 June 2020.
You can also get a 1 month free extension to access your online CIA materials by emailing us at email@example.com.