Fellowship of the Chartered IIA is the most senior award we offer. Achieving fellowship is a tangible public acknowledgement of a member’s senior experience and contribution to the profession. Fellows may use the designation CFIIA.
1.) You must be a current member of the Chartered IIA and have achieved chartered status. If you haven’t yet qualified, you might be interested in learning more about achieving chartered status.
Click here for information on achieving chartered status.
2.) You must be able to show that you have made a significant contribution to promoting the profession and/or that you have a significant record of relevant academic achievement.
Here are some examples of relevant activities. It is not necessary to demonstrate every point. Nor is this list meant to be exhaustive
Promotion of the profession
- You hold a position where you influence the profession
- You hold a senior position of employment, such as head of internal audit
- You can demonstrate that you have promoted the profession among your peers, eg by taking part in benchmarking or peer discussion groups
- You can demonstrate innovation/thought leadership within your professional role
- You are active within and make a significant contribution to the Chartered IIA – through volunteering on committees, task forces or working groups, and/or by drafting guidance
- You develop the profession in other ways, such as through thought leadership, writing articles or innovation
- You hold relevant academic achievements
- You are heavily involved in relevant academic research
- You are a chartered fellow of another relevant professional body
- You are an acknowledged expert in a particular field, with published work
How we will assess your application
You will be asked to submit a written statement explaining how you meet the eligibility criteria and to supply up to two references together with other supporting documents.
The Fellowship statement
- Your statement must be a maximum of 2,000 words and clearly explain why you consider your achievements merit the distinction of fellowship. There is no template for this
- Please provide enough detail to allow for a fair assessment but keep the report concise and factual. You should also state which of the eligibility criteria, apply in your case
- We will need either one referee, who is already a fellow of the Chartered IIA, or two referees if you do not know an existing fellow. Referees must have known you for at least a year
Download the reference form (Word document)
- Please submit your CV, and an organisational chart that clearly shows your position
- If you are relying on your academic achievements in your application, please also submit copies of academic or other relevant awards achieved
- Your application will then be referred to the next available meeting of our nominations committee. The committee meets four times a year, it can therefore be two to three months before your application is assessed
- There is an assessment fee of £150, we will send you an invoice when we receive your application
Apply for fellowship today
If you have questions about how to apply for fellowship, please contact us on 020 7498 0101 or at email@example.com