IIA Certificate in Internal Audit and Business Risk
Learn all the essentials
The IIA Certificate is a practical, accredited modular course that you can tailor to your needs. If you're new to internal audit, need a refresher, or you work in a related role, such as compliance, it will give you a thorough grounding in the practice and principles of audit, governance, risk and assurance.
This programme is ideally suited to those who have been seconded into internal audit as it will help you make the most of your time in the role. You will:
- Build your skills and knowledge in all aspects of internal audit
- Learn about the framework and processes for providing assurance on business risks
- Study case studies and practical examples - there are no exams to sit
- Earn the IACert designation
You can comfortably complete the IIA Certificate in a year.
You will complete four awards from a choice of six.
Two core IIA awards:
- Corporate governance and risk management
- Internal audit planning and assurance framework
Two optional IIA awards:
- Effective delivery of audit and assurance
- Interpersonal skills for audit and assurance
- Information systems audit and assurance
- Compliance audit and assurance
Studying for your qualification
Each award requires about 30 hours of learning through reading, reflection, workshop attendance and completion of a personal development log.
You will need to do some reading and set objectives before attending each workshop. Then, you will submit a personal development log for each award within six weeks of the workshop. Browse the award workshops.
The final stage is to submit your professional experience record.
Assessment - no exams!
There are no exams to sit and the IIA Certificate is not graded. You will be assessed through personal development logs and your professional experience record.
IIA members pay £4,356 (inc VAT) to complete the four IIA awards. This includes all learning texts and four two-day workshops.
If you're not an IIA member, the cost is £4,667 (inc VAT), which includes affiliate membership of the IIA. You must be a member to study the qualification.
How to register for the IIA Certificate
Already an IIA member? Register today
Not an IIA member? Join as an affiliate member and register
If you need any further information regarding the IIA Certificate programme or availability, please email email@example.com