CIA Challenge Exam: How to apply
Step 1: Join us as an student member
You must first join us as a student member in order to take the CIA Challenge Exam in the UK or Ireland.
Join today as an student member
Step 2: Apply for the CIA Challenge Exam (with IIA Global)
Those looking to do the CIA Challenge Exam must also register with IIA Global.
You can apply for the CIA Challenge Exam via the CCMS system:
- You will need to apply for the CIA Challenge Exam via the Global Certification Candidate Management System (CCMS)
- To do this, please visit https://resetpassword.theiia.org and enter the email address you have registered with us
- You should then receive a confirmation email, prompting you to create your CCMS password, and allowing you to log into https://ccms.theiia.org
- The first time you log in you will be prompted to enter your personal details in order to complete your account registration. Once this has been done, you can proceed with applying for the certification via your CCMS Home
- You will be prompted to make payment, and then you will be asked to upload a letter of good standing from your qualified accounting body and a government-issued ID.
- Once approved onto the programme, you will be able to register and schedule your exam via the “Manage my program” section of your CCMS Home
Step 3: Book your exam
- Once approved onto the programme, access your CCMS account and select “Manage My Program” to book your exam with PearsonVUE.
- Upon completing the registration process, select “Access PearsonVUE” from the main menu bar and follow the onscreen instructions for scheduling your appointment.
- Schedule your examination for the month of November 2023 or February 2024. You will have the option to take your exam via online testing or at a testing centre. To find the nearest testing centre, visit the Pearson VUE page and select “Find a test center.”
Step 4: Book a CIA Challenge Exam masterclass
The best way to pass the exam is to attend one of our CIA Challenge Exam masterclasses. Presented online and available to delegates across the world, our masterclasses are designed to supplement your learning by ensuring you master the key topics, provide guidance on exam technique, apply knowledge to real life cases, and work through practice questions.
Book a masterclass